White Rose House is set in the peaceful village of Wheldrake, only 8 miles from the historic city of York.
Originally the village primary school, the House was bought by Girlguiding North Yorkshire South and converted into an excellent multi-purpose facility for use by members of Girlguiding UK and other youth and community organisations. Opened in 1987, White Rose House has recently been extensively refurbished to a high standard.
The House is suitable for both day and residential use and comprises:
• Large hall
• Small hall
• Washroom with toilets, washbasins and two showers
• Drying room for boots and wet weather clothing
• Bedroom suitable for use by disabled person and their carer
• 30 Camp Beds with cell foam pads, one pillow and fleece cover
• Fully-equipped and refurbished kitchen
• Gas central heating (cost included in rent)
• Tarmac car park/play space to the rear of the building (with gates)
White Rose House can be hired for the day or for residential events. The charges for 2017 are:
- North Yorkshire South groups £90 per night
- Groups from outside NYS £135 per night
- For more Information about White Rose House please have a look at our Brochure.