Grants and applications

Information on looking for financial support for your unit.


Sometimes groups within Girlguiding look for Financial Support from a range of sources to help them provide the very best girl experiences. This might include grants from specialist local charities, for example York Children’s Trust, specialist health charities if a young member needs additional support or larger organisations such as The Co-op, Lloyds Bank or Moto services, which all have charitable funds as well as major nationally known initiatives such as the National Lottery or Children in Need. 

Often the application process can seem daunting but don’t be put off from applying, and there may be another leader or parent that can help complete the forms to improve your chances of success. Additionally local authorities fund support for voluntary groups through Community First Yorkshire or York CVS who may be able to provide some general advice free of charge.

Alison Wadsworth

County Treasurer